Website Terms & Conditions of Use
This website is an illustrated catalogue of the of the fungi recorded in the Outer Hebrides. It is a work in progress and new species, information and photographs will be added over time.
This site was not designed to be an identification guide and it should be remembered that not all species can be identified from photographs and many species require examination under a microscope for an accurate species determination. Many mushrooms are poisonous some are deadly poisonous. The responsibility for eating any mushroom or fungus must rest with the individual and we accept no liability for your decision as to whether a fungus is safe to eat.
All the species illustrated on the website are believed to be correctly identified, but sometimes errors or misidentifications occur. If you think that we are in error, please contact us and we will investigate and correct where necessary.
The content of this site is almost entirely the work of amateur naturalists who are generous in their desire to share their work and make information widely available. Please respect their copyright and ask if you wish to use their photographs. Permission is usually given for educational and non-commercial use provided that the source is acknowledged.
- The information in this website is given in good faith and for general information and interest only. It is subject to change without notice.
- We are not not responsible for any inaccuracies and make no representation and give no warranty as to its accuracy. The information in this website should not be relied on and does not constitute any form of advice or recommendation.
- This website contains material which is protected by intellectual property laws including, but not limited to, copyright and trade mark law, and cannot be copied or reproduced without prior permission from the website administrators.
- You may view, use, download and store the material on this website for personal, research and non-commercial educational use only, provided that you acknowledge the source and copyright owner of the materials. If you would like to request permission to reproduce any materials on this website, please contact us.
- This website contains links to other websites which are provided for your information. We accept no responsibility or liability for the content of other websites which are not under our strict control. Any link is not intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind of that other website.
- Links to material on this website are permitted so long as appropriate credit is given in the link title. You may not link to images or other downloadable resources unless explicit written permission from the website administration has been granted.
- We will be under no liability to you whatsoever whether in contract, tort, (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, restitution or otherwise for any injury, death, damage or direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and like loss) howsoever caused arising out of or in connection with the use of this website or the use, accessing, downloading or relying on any information, data, software or other materials contained in this website, including, without limitation, as a result of any computer virus.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.